Pet Training Schedule
Below is a complete list of group classes that are currently enrolling. If there is one of our group classes you are looking for but do not see listed please contact us for info on when that class will be enrolling next. All group classes are held at Play and Stay Dog Lounge in Ottawa unless otherwise noted. To enroll in a group class please call Play and Stay at 815-313-9477.
Work Shops are held at K9PawPrints in Marseilles.
- As regulations are being lifted from the Safer At Home Shelter in Place we hope to begin our workshops again soon. Please keep an eye here for upcoming workshops. In the meantime feel free to let us know which workshop you want to see first 🙂
We will be starting Drop Off Puppy Socials. Supervised by certified professional trainers to ensure your puppy plays in a safe, supported environment. Socialization is key for physical, emotional and cognitive development! During this time where social distancing is the norm we owe it to our puppies to make sure we do everything we can to help their development. Drop off Puppy Socials will be limited to 6 puppies and registration is required. Cost is $10 per social. You can enroll in as many socials as you would like as long as your puppy meets the requirements. Payment is due at the time of enrollment to hold your spot. Socials will also include handouts with puppy tips for socialization at home.
To enroll puppies must be between 8-16 weeks old. They must be up to date with age appropriate vaccinations (series does not need to be completed but must be started) and have a negative fecal exam/been dewormed by a professional vet. Proof of up to date medical is required before the day of the social. Times/locations will vary, see below for upcoming spots and availability.
Upcoming Puppy Social Dates:
- For the safety of all during this social distancing time puppies will be dropped off at the door to one of our trainers and brought inside by our trainers. Drop off will begin 5 minutes before the start of the social. Socials will be streamed for owners to watch. Each social will be 20 minutes long. Once over puppies will be brought out by our trainers for pick up. We ask that owners practice social distancing at this time. Please be available for pick up on time as we must sanitize the play area for the next class.
Doggy Manner Plus-
- This is our current Obedience and Manners Class. It covers everything in our Basics and Beyond class except for the CGC skills and the games that normally require the dogs/people to be closer than 6 ft. This class meets once a week for 6 weeks and is held at Play and Stay Dog Lounge in Ottawa. The cost is $125
- Begins Tuesday July 14th at 6:30pm (1 spot left)
- Note: Groups class safety is our first priority. Each class is limited to how many dogs we can have. Each dog must have one handler over the age of 18 with them. While we normally encourage the family to come, at this time we are limiting it to one person per dog. We do offer special zoom sessions for our group class families to help get everyone on the same page if needed. We do ask that each handler wear a mask while they are in group class. If you forget a mask we have extras on hand. Before class starts we ask everyone to remain in their cars (if your dog needs a bathroom break feel free to take them, keeping away from others, and then head back to your car). This is to avoid too many at the door at once. We will be propping the door open 5 minutes before class for everyone to come in to also avoid everyone having to touch the door handles. If you, or any one in your home is feeling ill or has a fever please stay home and notify us. We have a plan in place for make up sessions.
During this time we are continuing our online zoom classes. These are a great option for those unable to make group class or those that are higher risk and wish to stay home. The zoom classes also allow us to offer some of the other classes while we are still limiting the number of in person group classes. To enroll in any zoom class please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Zoom classes meet once a week at a set time like regular group classes. You are given the zoom info for each session as the class goes along. These classes will require that you have access to the internet and to both zoom and facebook. You are able to create an account with zoom for free.
- Basic Obedience Zoom- Tuesdays 5:30pm Meets for 30 minutes for 4 weeks Cost is $85
- Note: While these classes are online we still limit the number of dogs to make sure each dog gets quality time with our trainers, similar to group classes in person.
Basic Obedience, Intermediate Obedience, and Canine Good Citizen Prep all in one class!!! AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy and AKC CGC Testing available at the end of class
- Due to the skills in this class we have made the decision to postpone scheduling any new in person sessions for the time being. With the skills we teach in basics and beyond it is impossible to practice social distancing. We hope as the curve continues to flatten and the science advances we will be able to hold this class again soon 🙂
This class is held at different public locations in the Peru/Ottawa area and designed to work on skills around natural public distractions. Class is held on most Saturdays, time and location varies. Class participants are notified weekly where class will be held.
*Open Enrollment for your scheduling convenience*
To Enroll Please email Discover Pet Training at email@example.com
*Please note we do limit the size of the class for safety reasons and to ensure each dog gets enough time with our trainer. Therefore periodically enrollment for this class may close. All dogs that enroll must complete obedience training prior to enrolling so they have a basic understanding of the skills worked on with the distractions. If you have completed obedience training at another facility or have a dog that has the basics down already we will require proof of skills (they don’t have to be perfect) to enroll.
AKC Canine Good Citizen Testing
Currently we do not have any public test nights scheduled, if you are interested in setting up a private test please contact us.
* This is just test night, if interested in testing please contact us to reserve your spot. Anyone ready to test for CGC can reserve a spot no matter if you trained with Discover Pet Training or not. You must reserve a test time to test prior to test night to be eligible to test the day of testing. Test time spots do tend to fill up quickly so we recommend signing up right away instead of waiting until it’s the week of the test. If you wish to test for CGCA or CGCU please contact us to set up a test time. The higher levels are tested by appointment only.
*We try our best to keep this page updated with how many spots are available in a class, however sometimes a class will fill up before we are able to update.